Presentation Learning Objectives
1. Identify key emotional and behavioral markers of highly-dysregulated conflict.
2. Describe the difficulty of working with highly-conflicted partners and the impact this may have on the therapist.
3. Review when couples therapy is contraindicated in high-conflict couples.
4. Summarize specific strategies to help create safety and trust within the therapeutic process.
5. Apply effective communication and reflection skills for interrupting and de-escalating conflict during therapy and outside of sessions.