Washington County is inviting mental health professionals to apply to lead the Counseling & Victims' Services (CVS) program for Washington County Community Corrections. This posting also includes an open Sheriff’s Office Jail position for the same classification (but with different duties and qualifications). Please follow this link:
The shared posting will be open from 2/24/18 – 3/11/18. Candidates have the option to apply for one or both positions.
Ideal candidates for the Community Corrections CVS position will:
- hold at least a masters in counseling, clinical social work, psychology, etc.
- be fully licensed in Oregon to provide mental health counseling
- be passionate about motivating positive behavior change in corrections settings; understand current best practices
- love providing direct counseling to individuals and groups; and also couples/families if qualified
- understand the impact of crime on victims and families; know how to address trauma
- take initiative to develop performance measures and collect meaningful data to improve outcomes
- be a thoughtful, intentional leader/developer of staff, interns, and volunteers
If you have any questions about the position, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
It’s an open, competitive recruitment and we want to hear from qualified candidates who think they have something to offer. Please forward to anyone you believe might be a good fit for either of these open positions.
In addition to the CVS and Jail positions, there are also other job opportunities open in Washington County now for those with a mental health/helping skillset.
Washington County is a great place to work. For the list of all open Washington County positions, please follow this link: