Posted on behalf of Department of County Human Services - Human Resources
Come make a difference in the lives of our vulnerable populations and join a rewarding work environment.
The Department of County Human Services (DCHS) is pleased to announce an open recruitment for the Case Manager 2 classification. We expect up to 7 vacancies in the Aging, Disability and Veterans Services Division (ADVSD). and up to 30 vacancies in the Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Services Division (IDDSD), pending budget approval in early October 2017.
The eligible list created from this recruitment may be used to fill future regular, limited duration, full or part-time or temporary positions.
Primary responsibilities include:
Successful case managers have:
- Provide services to clients which could include eligibility assessment and intake for Oregon Supplemental Income Program (OSIPM), General Assistance, Medicare and SNAP (food stamps) benefits
- Assess client needs and risk status through home visits, phone calls, and connecting them with resources
- Develop comprehensive, client-centered care plans
- Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork! Plus quite a bit of data entry
- Ability to stay on top of the clerical duties so the client work stays up to date
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Respect and appreciation for ethnic and cultural diversity
- Expertise in case management philosophies and strategies
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Commitment to delivering person-centered care
- Comfort and competence with using standard technology
Apply by: 11:59 AM on September 22, 2017
For additional information about this position or to apply, please see our attached Job Bulletin or go to Job #6297-90 at multco.us/jobs.